Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Two New LOs

This is the newest one I have finished. I LOVE how this turned out. I needed some springy pictures -- these were printed 2 years ago! I wanted to use my friend, Wendrie's quote for a LO. I always feel inspired and challenged to use quotes, and she comes up with some real flowery ones! On this LO, I used parts from 5 SG kits! I used Jodi's doodling template, the beads and sequins from last year -- and yes, I hand sewed each and every one -- I used the Q&Co. fastener mini brads from the January kit (along the white part of the stems) and I used the Threadster (awesome tool) for the stems, leaves, and scallops. C. Chang gave me the thread as a RAK and it made a perfect gift with the Threadser! Then, I used the April kit for the CS, PP, lined template, and chipboard frame. The white stuff on the ends of the stems is Liquid Applique' from SU! that you heat with a heat gun and it puffs up. Fun stuff! They only sell it at Christmas to use as snow, but I use it for *so many* things -- flowers, whipped cream on coffee, hair on people, that kind of thing -- that I am running out! The quote says, "I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout. " The leaves say, "Just before we moved from California to Texas, we went to Windsor Wal*Mart for pictures" and "It was a lovely spring day and we had stopped to pick Lupins on the way" and "April 4, 2005."

Using SG kinetics kit, I made this LO with the Bohemian papers. Love these papers. Added Bohemian rub-ons, beads from stash, and Prima flowers. Going to add one more flower on the top pull out in the lower corner of the large picture. These are all pictures of DD and DS#2 over the first few days of his life. She was in awe. I used SG's word wire jig for the word "wonder" and a RAK for the little slide mount.






These are 2 of the 3 LOs I plan to submit for the SG DT. I won't know unless I try, but it's hard for me to send them . . . gotta boost the self confidence a little to send them in! Anyway, here they are!

No comments: