Monday, December 29, 2008

Setting up for Christmas Morning

I know there are tons of pictures, but I have to post these. We haven't had a place to hang our stockings since we moved here, since we don't have a fireplace. Go figure - in San Antonio it's 85' in the winter, and all the houses have fireplaces. Here in Idaho, where it's snowing since Thanksgiving, no fireplace . . . figure that one out! Anyway, I decided I didn't want all my Christmas morning pictures to have the tv in the background, and I didn't want to rearrange all the furniture. I also wanted a place to hang the stockings. So I asked my Dad to use this piece of plywood I had in the garage and some old paint I had in the garage and make me a faux fireplace to cover the front of my entertainment center. That thing is SOLID and held all 70 lbs of stockings hanging there without a problem - plus, I can use it every year! woo-hoo! :)

The kids outgrew their bikes. Mom forgot to buy training wheels. But the bikes were on sale, so hey, we're getting closer to them riding, right?

Sister's beautiful shot of my tree, fireplace, and nativity in the background. What would I do without her great eye for photography? Cry. That's all. Cry.



No comments: