Friday, April 13, 2012

April Counterfeit Kit

This month's Counterfeit Kit is based on Kits de Somni. Look here for the CK blog. Here are pictures of the kit I put together this month. There is a LOT of stuff I threw into this kit. I chose to go with butterflies mostly, and the birds. I am really excited to have this put together because I go to "National Scrapbook Day" with my CM group tomorrow, and I have tons of LOs I can use this with!

Papers. There is such a variety here. Stampin' Up, Brenda Walton, Prima, Melissa Frances, Cosmo Cricket, several other K&CO. The ones with a white border across the top in the picture are from a big pad of paper, no idea who they are made by! I also have butterfly lace and a pretty printed vellum piece I don't know makers for . . .

Lots of alpha stickers and die cuts. Mostly Brenda Walton/K&Co.

Rub-ons: Mambly, (the owls!) CM, I think B Walton, and a few others I don't know.

Punch out die cuts: I think these are all Brenda Walton.

Vinyl Appliques by Scrapworks. The cardboard stickers are part of a set from above I don't know the name for. This scrap of paper is probably not going to be used, unless to fussy cut or make tags or something with.

I used my Cricut and cut a ton of swirls, flourishes, lace, and half pieces of { shaped paper out of Co'ordinations. I figured I would be prepared for any pages I put together, and this would help me not be stuck - inspiration, if you will! I created all the pieces by melding them on my Gypsy. I have had this Co'ordinations paper for 3 years? I need to USE it!

Okay, here is one more sheet of Brenda Walton stuff. I honestly don't even hoard her stuff - I have a really hard time using it because it's not really my style. I will probably purge all the stuff of hers I don't use after this month. It's beautiful, I just can't figure out how to use it. I grabbed this last piece because of the tags. I figured I can still alter them. The ric-rac is from Martha (thanks, Martha!) when she gave me Prima paint cans. That was 6 years ago? When we still lived in Texas! The adhesive lace was also from Martha, after a huge swap. Thanks, Martha! ;) There are some pie cuts from a swap, and little journaling pads I've had forever, and a few other misc. things I hope to use up! I also plan to add a ton of flowers, but haven't photographed them yet! Let's hope I can get a ton done with this!

5 comments:

Tara O said...

Whoa...that is ONE humongo kit!!! I hope to see some wonderful LO's with it soon!! Enjoy tomorrow's scrappy time with your buddies!

li-bee-ti said...

What a beautiful and rich kit! I really love the greenish look of it. and look at all those stickers and die-cuts! so lovely.
I'm looking forward to see the beautiful layouts you'll be making with your beautiful kit.

MiliPea Designs said...

What a spectacular kit! I love all the wonderful cuts you made on your Gypsy. Great job!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Wowie!!!! What a superb kit. I love the spring colors and the cool things you created with Cricut!!!! Awesome!

Susanne said...

Well, I must be jumping around out of order because I have already seen the wonderful layouts you've put together from this kit. Well done - we know you chose wisely.