Tuesday, April 3, 2007

LOs about my DD

Well, I have to say, having a daughter is a joy. I love her beauty, her joy, and the kindness she shows to others. She has a lovely glow and enjoys helping others. Here are some LOs just about that lovely little girl.


Photo digitally changed to black and white, with a color filter tinting the dress blue (it's a pink dress) then printed out with the words already on it. The background is dry embossed with white ink to emphasize it. The tags are white with vellum over them. Matted on Chatterbox. LO done using DD's handprint in paper clay. Used silver gilding on the clouds and title. Journaling done directly on the print. The Beauty of 6 -- the actual cake and ice cream part of her bday. Love that Fancy Pants CB!
This was a scraplift from a magazine advertisement. I loved using the glitter and bling on this! I have been using a lot more scraplifting concepts, drawing ideas that I like and applying them to my LOs in my own way. I like the way it is developing into a different style by adding new elements and keeping me from becoming "stale" or always the same. I am liking the title on the side thing, and LOVE using my Cricut!!! I See Magic -- in all the things you do. This was a scraplift challenge -- telephone style. I love how this LO turned out, and that I had a special opportunity to journal in this way. I copied the leaves and butterfly idea using a transparency and some stamps that I copied. I added the primas over the top, used a bleaching technique on the frame over the chipboard, and journaled my thoughts with sakura pens and rub-ons. I believe in miracles, and you should, too -- because you are one! This LO was a swap kit. Everyone sent in a part of the kit and then we had to use something from everyone on the LO. Ayla turns 6! She didn't know we were headed to a horse ranch, or that she would get to do more than just touch the horse. What a joy, to watch her glow when she was riding that horse -- Tracer -- and neither she nor her brother had fear about any of it! What a fun birthday! Journaling is on the right side under the bottom photo. SU! Stamps, made the little girl with the boy stamp -- careful not to get the mustache in!

No comments: