Monday, April 16, 2007

My Sister

Most of you know that Lacy and I are really close. She is my best friend and closest confidant. You know how people say that your spouse should be someone who brings out the best in you? Well, my sister is the one who brings out the best in me. There have been times in my life that she is the only reason I would go on. There have been times when I would have made bad choices, except I knew she would look to me and I would be her example, so I made different choices. Having Lacy in my life still gives me perspective on my life and the choices I make in it. She is one of the strongest, bravest people I know, and I want to be just like her when I grow up!
Today I got a card from her and she told me how she looks up to me and I am her example. How is that possible? She is the one who has really lived. She has adventure in her life. She is silly and expresses herself and is beautiful and really LIVES. I sit at home and plug through another day. I love my life, my kids, my family, and I'd never change that. But it is such a total surprise when I hear from her and she tells me these things. I straightened my back, held my head high, and thought, I can keep on keepin' on.
Anyway, Sister, I love ya! Thanks for the note -- I needed it.

No comments: