This one I LOVE the colors on, and yes, that IS Basic Gray - quiet to the Peanut Gallery! :P
Old Chatterbox paper I had tons of - I think this was actually the last sheet of that and I'm actually kind of sad to see it go! lol! But, as my dear friend Martha always says, "Now I can enjoy seeing it in my books instead!"
We did a Swap Challenge months and months ago, and I wasn't able to play due to . . . well, life! . . . so I finally got to use the pretty paper that I had in my stash.
I got this "Celebrate" overlay sometime in December, I think. I had no idea how to use it or what I'd use it with, but I always feel the need to challenge myself with knew products. I kinda like how it turned out, although I was picturing something more dramatic . . .
Here's another LO I can thank Martha for . . . she sent me a bunch of her old kits and parts of kits and I've been hoarding it and stretching it and making as many LOs from them as possible (as though I don't have *any* other paper to use, right? O.o) The buttons are Daisy D's - I think from Barbara (thanks!) and the felt by Queen & Co is from Betsie as a RAK (thanks!) Love, love, love the Artsy.liscious chipboard letters! (Got those at Archiver's for a really good price! :) )
I know I got this background paper as a RAK - I'm pretty sure from Barbara (thanks!) - and *finally* scrapped this 5x7 I've had on my table for eons! I tore Core'dinations for the mats.
Got this paper from the add-on to SG's last kit. The stitching is done with red glittery thread and I used the template my holiday secret sister got for me. (thank you!!!) The title I was disappointed with - I used these awesome letters from Doodlebug and then some silver foil from a different company - the foil wouldn't come off the sheet and left the letters looking somewhat unfinished. Going to have to play more with that and see if I can do something about it. I used an old SG template for the parens - love that template!!!
Sister and I at Disneyland for my birthday last year. Our feet were screaming at us! This is SU! paper that I've been hoarding and MADE myself use for the LO. Scalloped circle from SG template. Center of flower is Artsy, I think, and the flower is Prima - thanks to Martha, again, for donating me a can of those to hoard! :)
This LO was fun to put together. I used a bunch of things that I wouldn't typically use together, but when I was putting page kits together for NSD, this is what I threw in the bag, and I really like the results. The scallop is, again, from an SG template. The blue paper I have no idea where I got - maybe Holly? - but it has silver foil flecks in it and I, of course, kept it and kept it and kept it because it was too fancy and pretty to use! lol! The brown is from an old swap, I think Maria did, of Imaginese (sp?) and looked like coffee steam swirls to me. The journaling block is from Geri - thanks for your recent box! - and the chipboard letter is from the last SG kit we got, I think. Oh, and Martha, thanks, again, for the Q&Co flannel stuff.
LO's I did of the kids' BBall season this year - got this paper while in SA.
Sister gave me a lot of this black patterned paper. Love how these turned out. I was a little hesitant about using the black with the sepia, but I like how it looks. SG template for scallop, ticket corner for journaling box from SU!, a few other bits from Geri and an old kit I bought years ago.
Used Core'dinations CS for this LO - black magic with the brightest blue underside I had. I used an SG template for the top left corner and sanded, then scratched the doodling and title into the rest. I added some white accents with my Siglo and journaling.
More patterned paper from Sister, added a CM heart punch that I tried out at the NSD I went to, and really LOVED how it turned out after!
These last 3 are Design Team submissions I used to try out for the Core'dinations DT last month. I was notified today that I didn't make it, so I figured I can post them now! The first one I used sanding, peeling, rolling, scratching, die cutting, and folding with Core'dinations paper to make a LO showing "what I can do creatively" with cardstock.
This is the second project I did. I wanted to show the versitality of the paper. I used their CS for the gable box - but I cut a window to make it more like a shadow box - and then freehand cut the leaves, bird, and punched the flowers (from a mini heart punch Martha gave me - man, after all this, what would I do without Martha supporting my habit so much!?! lol! Love ya, Girl!) and sanded the edges so they were defined. I tore brown paper into strips and rolled them to make the branches. The only thing not their paper here is the ribbon, eyelet, and adhesive! (Oh, and the font - LOL!)
This is the last project I did. I wanted to do something really unique. All of the pieces are dry embossed with a SU! template of polka dots. The purse is basically a copy of a little purse jewelry box I have, the shoe was my actual shoe, but I made it a high heel with help from my Dad, and the invitation was . . . just made up. I used black grosgrain ribbon to trim it all out. I feel bad I didn't take a good picture of that heel after all the difficulty it gave me! lol! The chocolates were just for visual to show how this could be used for a center piece.
Phew, time for bed! (Oh, and that was WAY more than 20 minutes to get posted, but it was worth it! I have 1 more LO that I want to post, but I realized when I went to scan it that I didn't journal yet!!!