Friday, March 19, 2010

Finally, some new scrapbook LOs and a few pictures, too! :)

I haven't really had the time to scrapbook much. It seems that 4 kids, one of them crawling, and running our household takes a little more time than it once did! I had my birthday last week, and to celebrate, I had an all weekend crop. Here are a few LOs I did there, and finished this week. Several of them included challenges, which I will include on here as well! I believe you can click on the picture to see it closer.

"Come to Dinner" Challenge:
Do a LO using an item from each group:

Appetizer: Rub-ons, Stickers, or Eyelets
Main Course: Chipboard, 3 Patterned Papers, or Die Cuts
Dessert: Bling, Glitter, or Stickles
Beverage: Flowers, Brads, or Markers

Mine used Rub-ons and Stickers, Die Cuts, Bling, and Flowers.

This was also my "entry" for the "Color Challenge":
Use 2 colors from the color wheel that are Opposites. Other colors may be included.

Red and Green (*mine)

Orange and Blue

Yellow and Purple




Another Color Challenge:

1-10 Challenge:
Use (this number is a minimum) ALL of the following:


1 – title or journal block

2 – Cardstock

3 – patterned papers

4 – Photos

5 – pieces of chipboard

6 – eyelets or brads

7 – bling

8 – rub-ons or stickers

9 – inches of ribbon

10 – words of journaling

"Routine Birthday" almost everything I did for my birthday last week, from washing laundry and packing lunches to changing stinky diapers and checking Facebook! The second LO, 37, is the second half of my day, including gifts, dinner, and pie! The best part of my birthday was finding one of my dearest friends on FB and chatting with her that night! :)


Number Challenge:
Do a LO that has numbers on it - it can be a date, your first phone number, your license plate number, an age, or any other way you can think of to include a number on your LO.

My LO is called "37" - my most recent birthday.

Other challenges that didn't get finished by me:

Favorite Hymn or Scripture:
Using the lyrics or words of a favorite hymn or scripture on a LO.

Name Challenge:

Write your name, one letter per line:

Write an embellishment or scrapbook supply, using each letter. Use all items on a LO:

There was a sketch challenge as well. I got the sketch from Tiare Smith when I was a member of her sketch-a-day club. I don't know that I can repost it here! ;)


5 comments:

Tricia said...

Looks like you had a fun time and did a lot of scrapping for your birthday - hooray for you! I love the pp that you used on your Christmas LO - adorable!

Missus Wookie said...

Cool way to document your birthday - glad you got to go away, relax and scrap. :)

Tara O said...

Glad you had a good time at your birthday crop! I wish I could have come too.

Geri said...

great layouts... I love those photo corners... they are so victorian looking - very classy!

ladynurse4 said...

lovely flowers and flourishes, two of my favorite things. Glad you had a nice birthday! I remember celebrating your birthday with you in San Antonio. Miss you!