Tuesday, April 3, 2007

First Published LO


This LO is the very first LO I did that got published. I guess. Really, it is *being* published in an online publication, so it doesn't really count, but it's still exciting to see something I did get recognized. DH says I should have submitted something of me in my underwear sooner and it would have gotten picked up all the earlier. :blush: This was my second attempt at doing "scratch art." That whole black background piece is CS that I laminated with the heat laminator, then used a scratching blade to make the designs. I added some doodling with the gel pens to finish the look. I got my inspiration from Van Gogh's Starry Night. Recognize it? I think he was the King of Scratch Art -- no one ever realized it! This paper was really hard for me to work with when I got it in my ScrapGoods kit, but I like the results. It seems that the papers that I dislike the most turn out to be some of my favorite LOs. I wonder if that's because I feel more free to use it? I think I'm about 36 weeks pregnant in that picture.

No comments: